Top Ten Books and Paintings of the 1870s.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a throwback freebie so I thought I'd throwback all the way to the 1870s, which was a pretty good decade for art and books. Also, and this is the main reason I picked it, the 1870s are my most blogged-about decade! But, being as I do love the Pre-Raphaelites I couldn't miss them out, so here is my Top Ten Books and Pre-Raphaelite Paintings of the 1870s:

{ ooks }



{ aintings }

1. Dante's Dream at the Time of the Death of Beatrice by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1871).


2. Proserpine by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1874).


3. A Vision of Fiammetta by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1878).


5. The Blessed Damozel by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1871).


6. The Beguiling of Merlin by Edward Burne Jones (1872-77).


7. Veronica Veronese by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1872).


8. The Bower Meadow by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1872).


9. The North West Passage by John Everett Millais (1874).


10. Love and the Maiden by John Roddam Spencer Stanhope (1877).


Comments

  1. stunning pictures! i don't believe i've seen a Rossetti before, excuse my ignorance... he certainly loved color... the Millais is evocative...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rossetti! So glad you liked these :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Month