Goodbye, 2013!

These are the last few hours of 2013, it's unbelievable! I'm very much looking forward to 2014, but 2013 has given some beautiful things, beautiful places, birds, books, people, and yes there's been some suffering, illness, sadness, but how could 365 days all be perfect? As I said in the last post I'm grateful for it all. 

And so it's time to look forward, enjoy these last few hours reflecting and anticipating. I know that 2014 isn't going to be a perfect start - I'm full of cold and have spent most of the afternoon lying on the sofa watching Harry Potter with a box of tissues, but such is life! There's a whole year to look forward to, not just a day. So, I'm thinking, planning, and yes, building some castles in the air (though some of my plans do have some more solid foundations). I was going to write about what I wanted to do, what my new year's resolutions were, and all the various challenges I was joining in with were, but I'm going to save that for tomorrow's post. I'm very sleepy, so I'm going to watch another Harry Potter and head to bed with a Lemsip. I can't wait for tomorrow, though! I think I'll very much enjoy writing tomorrow's first post of the year.

Until then, have a happy new year everyone! All the very best!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! I have a few castles in the sky, too. I'm trying to keep things simple, but I usually can't resist the desire to come up with a few lofty goals. I hope that your 2014 is full of good books and wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lu, same to you - all the best :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year, watching Harry Potter (or any other good movies) sounds like a nice way to spend new year's eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, rather. There's a few I haven't seen and I've got them recorded, so I'm looking forward to a few more Harry Potter nights. It was a good New Year's Eve :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Month