2nd Annual Classics Club Readathon.


It's the second Annual Classics Club readalong! I have been looking forward to this! And I need it - my cold is much better, but what with all the coughing I've pulled muscles everywhere, so this is definitely a good day to relax in the warm and, well, read lots.

I've been thinking about what I want to read, and I have to conclude that today may perhaps be a day of not actually completing any books. Firstly, I can't manage the full 24 hours (part of the fun of colds is lying awake all night coughing!), and secondly, I want to read too much of everything! 

So, the plan is this: this afternoon, I'm going to start by reading the first book of Ovid's Metamorphoses. Then, I'm going to read some of The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. Early evening, I'm going to finish the first book of Kipling's The Jungle Books, and tonight I aim to read 'Marius', which is book three of Les Misérables. And, who knows, perhaps I'll skip The Jungle Books (which I am enjoying so far, so I can't say I will end up doing that) and finish The Moonstone, or perhaps I'll not get into The Moonstone and end up reading a lot more of Les Misérables. I'm not sure, but I will update this post! I'll check in about six o' clock. 

To all those participating - have fun! Let me know if you're joining in and I'll check in on your blog as well later today to see how you're doing :)

Update #1 - 20:39.

First, let it be said that my internet connection is horrendous tonight, which is why I'm not online so much today! I intend to be on as little as possible - so far it's taken five minutes just to open this page.

Secondly - all plans went out of the window! I forgot about reading Metamorphoses first and went straight to The Moonstone, and it's now all I want to read. Because it's taken until 7pm to find an entire hour uninterrupted to myself, I've only just finished the first part, but I don't foresee any further interruptions so I plan on either reading on until I finish, or else reading on until I fall asleep. But I do love this book, and I want to re-read The Woman in White and Robinson Crusoe very soon!

Hope everyone is having fun, and, internet willing, I'll update again, probably around midnight.

Update #2 - 01:23.

I'm keeping this brief because internet connection has gone from bad to worse! The Moonstone is ticking along nicely, I'm about half way through the second part, and Goodreads tells me I'm 72% through. It is so very compelling I may be persuaded to stay up until I've finished it, though I may not be able to update should I manage it!

Will post this now whilst the internet remains! Catch you all later or tomorrow, hope everyone's still having fun!

Update #3 - 11:23.

I finished The Moonstone last night at about 4.30 and I loved it! I shall blog about it next week (today belongs to Anne Brontë).

Hope everyone had a great time, and for those who have an hour or so left - I'm very impressed :)

Comments

  1. Oh you've got such an organised plan, I bow to you! ;)
    I barely managed to choose a book to start with!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan, as you can see by my update, went right out of the window! :)

      Delete
  2. So many lovely books on your list! I hope you enjoy the reading day. I know I will! Cheers, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far, hope you are too :)

      Delete
  3. I'm reading The Moonstone today, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm LOVING it! How are you enjoying it? Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, just in time for the weekend! All your choice sound so good, I want to add them to my list, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read The Moonstone, I couldn't put it down; read it compulsively over several days. You might not get to those others... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prediction was completely right! I love it :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Month