Emily.

I just wanted to write a note on Em. I said a few posts ago that she'd been very ill, though she seemed to be on the mend. However, she died in the early hours of this morning. It was not a surprise, it's been a very difficult week with no certainties, until yesterday early evening when it became apparent that it was inevitable. 

It's hard right now to not think of these past few days. It's been so tiring, but because I am still so proud of my little hen I don't want to get into what happened, I just want to share two of my favourite pictures of her and soon, once the horribleness of this month has past I'll be left with these images, many many more like them, and all the fun memories we've all had, and the recent events will blur and fade off. It was, I should say, mercifully peaceful. 

I'm so proud of my pet. She was, as I've said, a good hen. They've all progressed very well since we rescued them in June. And I thought I should write some words because I do write about them all a lot. They're all important hens. 

So, above is Emily in a tree during a wander in the forest, and below Emily in the long grass. 



Comments

  1. I looked at this post for a few minutes wondering what to say - since I only recently started following your blog and you have no idea who I am.

    But I am so sorry about Emily. The pictures you shared of her and her hen-sisters were very dear and it is clear to see how much you care for them. Wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear about Emily, O. I was so hoping that she would get better.

    Sending hugs! And keeping you in my thoughts …...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so sad, and I'm very sorry for Emily... But I'm glad she had such a happy time with all the love you gave her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Emily :( I am so sorry to hear that news, O. Animals can be so fragile. She looks so beautiful on the photos. I will light a candle for Emily today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss! But at least she had a couple of happy months in her life, thank to your rescuing her. I'm sure she died a happy hen! Sending you a lot of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Emily, O, such a beautiful hen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't Emily lucky she had you in her life? Life is so unfair and we do what we can do. I'm sorry about Emily. I am really attached to your hens. Know she was happy and that's all you can hope for. She was a hen in a million.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry...much like her namesake she went too soon :(. You gave her a great life and I'm sure she was very very fond of you (and grateful) in her own way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no! I'm sorry to here about Emily. It's been so lovely to see how she's progressed. You tended her so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate them so much for so many reasons. It's been a miserable week. Talked to the vet a few days ago, he thinks she died of liver cancer. Poor Em. She was indeed a remarkable hen.

    Thanks again, it meant a lot to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, poor dear Emily. I'm so so sorry. I could tell from your posts how much love and energy you were giving to these hens and I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so sorry to hear about the loss of Emily. I have been enjoying reading about your birds and I was so impressed with you taking in these three battery hens and giving them a better life. I loved reading about their improvement so I was really sad to hear that she had died.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Month