A Midsummer Night's Dream illustrated by W. Heath Robinson and Arthur Rackham.

It's summer solstice, and to celebrate the arrival of summer I thought I'd share some of my favourite illustrations of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (1600). It's usually the case that I prefer colour illustrations, but for this play the black and white illustrations really adds something to the magic. Here they are....

𝕎. eath obinson (1914)













𝔸rthur  ackham (1908)












I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do 😊

Happy Summer, everyone!

Comments

  1. Lovely! I've never seen those before, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad you liked them too! :D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Yes, celebrate summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! :D Glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  3. Lovely!! Thanks a ton for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Month